We decided to reach out and ask a local high school teacher what teachers really want for teacher appreciation day! As amazing as these gifts are, we think that teachers should be celebrated every day of the year. So if you missed teacher appreciation day this year, don't worry! I'm sure they won't mind a belated gift just to let you know that you are thankful for their role in your children's life and future!
- Classroom supplies - We buy things throughout the year for our classroom out of our own pockets. It would be great to re-stock at the end of the year!
Ideas for classroom supplies: Kleenex, pencils, pens, markers, paper clips, folders, post-it notes, small pencil sharpeners, tape, staplers, binders. Its all even better if it is cute or themed! For example: Eiffle Tower shaped scissors for the French teacher, or math-themed pencils.
- Treats - snacks or drinks to brighten our day!
- Pampering - gift cards for a manicure, pedicure or massage so we can relax!
- Meals - gift cards for meals out so we can enjoy a relaxing evening!
- Notes - handwritten notes or letters from students (even from high-schoolers!), parents or community members can go a long way in brightening a teachers day!
- A new car from Rath Auto Resources ;)
So there you have it! A list of gifts for teachers by a teacher!
I would like to introduce our guest contributor and teacher, Mrs. Courtney Hardcastle, "I have been a math teacher at Northside for 7 years. I have lived in Fort Smith all my life, except for my college years at Arkansas Tech in Russellville. I graduated from Southside and knew that I would want to come back and teach in Fort Smith. There are so many things I love about Northside: my great co-workers, my awesome students, and the general spirit of Northside. My students are full of personality. They are funny, witty, smart, and caring. There is never a dull moment with them!