What is the importance of a properly functioning exhaust system?
If your exhaust system isn't functioning correctly, like for instance if you have a clogged or fowled out catalytic converter, your car won't perform properly and you're gas mileage will suffer.
Then there are the obvious things like your emissions (exhaust fumes) being too high, which in some states will cause issues with vehicle inspections, and noise level, which can cause problems with neighbors and cops.
What are the warning signs of a bad muffler?
- Bad Smell - When you muffler is doing it's job, it takes the exhaust from your car and pushes it to the back. If you are noticing a bad smell while driving, this is a serious issue for your car and your health. This is likely due to your muffler not doing it's job and carrying the exhaust out the back so the fumes are getting into your car. If you notice, a smell while driving please visit our store immediately.
- Loud Noises - If your muffler is working properly, your car should have a quiet/average volume coming out the back. However, if your muffler isn't properly functioning, your exhaust will become much louder than normal. You and everyone else driving on the road included will know your muffler is underperforming or broken all together.
- Lower MPG - Pay attention to your gas mileage. If you seem to be getting less-than-normal miles per gallon, it could be related to your muffler.
What are the benefits of an after market exhaust system?
- More power - While choosing an aftermarket exhaust system isn't the go-to performance boost such as getting a turbo charger or fully upgrading your engine, you can squeeze a few more horsepower into your overall performance goal by modifying it. Higher-end after market exhausts allow you to reduce your back pressure, which will give you your end goal of increased horse power.
- Better sound - If you are a car enthusiast, like myself, the sound and the overall tone of the car is important. Every exhaust has a different tone. Although it takes a well-tuned ear to able to pick up on them closely, you can seek out the exact tone to your taste.
- Customize your system - There are multiple variations you can select once you decide to customize your exhaust. You can choose from a cat-back, a header back or an axle-back system.
- Improved Fuel Economy - As you have probably picked up on this by now, a better performing exhaust system equals better fuel economy.
Where can I go for a new performance exhaust system?
Our Meineke Car Care Center right here in Fort Smith, Arkansas of course! We offer exhaust system repair and muffler services right here in our shop! You can book your appointment online by visiting this link here or visit us at 4515 Towson Avenue, Fort Smith, AR 72901 . You can also call us at (479) 274-8684 .
- M-F 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- SAT 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- SUN Closed