Are you looking for something fun to do this Halloween 2016 in the Fort Smith area? We have a list of things that are going on, a Netflix Halloween binge list and some great Halloween recipes!
Read about more local urban legends and haunted stories here:
Your Halloween Movie Playlist
Hocus Pocus. A classic movie released in 1993 that remains a staple Halloween tradition for many households. But for those who stay at home and like to do Halloween movie binges on Halloween night like us, you might be looking for some other great suggestions. We have you covered!
Family Friendly Halloween Movies
- Practical Magic (on Netflix)
- The Addams Family (on Netflix)
- E.T The Extra Terrestial (on Netflix)
- Goosebumps (on Netflix)
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
Scary/Thriller/Intesne and less family friendly Halloween movies
- Children of the Corn (on Netflix)
- Sleepy Hallow (on Netflix)
- Dream House (on Netflix)
- Room 237 (on Netflix)
- Evil Dead
- Rocky Horror Picture Show
Halloween Events in Fort Smith, Arkansas
- Central Mall will have trick or treating for ages three to 12 years old from 6-8pm.
- Murder and Mayhem Haunted Trolley Tours will be available from 5:30-7:30pm. It will start at Fort Smith Museum of History with complimentary food drinks and ghost stories. Tickets are $35 and for 21 & up only.
- Thriller performances by the Western Arkansas Ballet will occur on the streets from 7-8pm downtown Fort Smith in front of the Fort Smith Museum of History.
- The Ward Haunted Warehouse at Fort Chaffee (on Ellis Road) will be open from 7:30-11:00pm. Tickets are $10 each.
- Trunk or Treat by Bethel Lutheran Church at Euper Lane from 6:00-8:00pm. There will be a bounce house, popcorn and a drawing for a $50 gift card to Toys R Us.
- Grand Avenue Baptist Church will host Fall Festival from 6:00-8:00pm. There will be inflatables, food, games and a costume contest. The theme for this year is 70's disco.
- The Haunted Prison at Fort Chaffee opens September 30. Haunted Prison tours are $15. Trail of Terror tours are $15. Combo ticket for one of each is $25. No age limit.
- Silent Terror presented by Southpointe Church.
- Heaven or Hell at Evangel Temple Assemble
- Papa's Pub 80's themed Halloween Party
- The Fort Smith Escape room is also hasting Games of Terror from October 7- November 5th.
Halloween Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip & Spooky Fruit Snacks
1 Large Container Greek Yogurt (unsweetened)
1/4 Cup of Nutella
1 Red Apple
Mini & Mallobits Marshmallows
Black Edible Marker
To make the Spider Web Greek Yogurt Dip you want to scoop out the yogurt into a bowl reserving about 1/2 cup. Mix the 1/4 of Nutella with the yogurt. Spoon the reserved yogurt in a baggie then snip off the corner. Squeeze on a web on the top. We made the spider using raisins, but you could also do this with dark grapes as well….
To make the BOOnanas you want to peel then cut in half. Use raisins for the eyes & mouth attaching with peanut butter…so so easy!
To make the Monster Eye Balls you want to cut the grapes in half. Cut the mini marshmallows in half as well. Press the black edible marker in the middle of the marshmallow then place them on top of the grapes (they will stick)…
To make the Orange Pumpkins you want to cut a couple of clementines in half then press a piece of a pretzel stick in the top….
See how such simple fun food creations can be so cute!
You can see more of her fun Halloween Recipes here.
To make them all you need is one jumbo size marshmallow for each Frankie, Green Grapes, a clear plastic cup (and lid or you can use press and seal paper instead) and a sharpie marker.
- Fill the cup half way up with grapes
- Cut marshmallow almost in half, open it up and stick it to the sides of the cup
- The Marshmallow will be nice and sticky.
- Add more grapes, lid up
- Use your sharpie to draw eyeballs and funny or scary faces on the outside of the cup
They’re a perfect Halloween party snack, so make some for your kids this Halloween, trust me they’ll love them
***If serving to young kids, yes you should cut the grapes first, use your instincts**