Woo-wee! It’s blustery out there! But with these quick tips, you’ll be sure to stay warm all through the day (and night)!
Use The Fan
It may seem counterintuitive, but using the fan when it’s cold outside will actually help circulate the warm air, as it rises.
Using the oven will help heat up your house, so now is a great time to start all that holiday baking you’ve been thinking about.
Wear A Hat And Layers
A thick, winter jacket is a great start to staying warm, but don’t forget to pile on the layers. Wearing sweaters or thermal underclothes will help insulate your jacket and keep you warm. Don’t forget your head! We lose a lot of heat through our heads, so it’s important to remember your hat too.
Arrange Your Furniture Away From Exterior Walls
When temperatures drop, it’s time for some new feng shui! Rearrange your furniture so that couches and beds are away from exterior walls. Your rooms (and you) will stay warmer.
Forget Your Gloves
It might mean that you’ll have to do without your cell phone, but if you want to keep your hands warm, you should opt for mittens instead of gloves. Mittens keep the hands warmer by bundling the fingers together, which helps them retain heat.
Don’t Forget Your Feet
Start with insulated, weatherproof boots and make sure you layer your socks as well, wool socks will keep your keep toasty warm. Layering with a silk sock on the outside will also help because silk is a poor conductor of cold.
Some mornings the cold might make you feel like you just want to stay in bed, but these quick tips will help you stay warm even on the coldest of days. I hope they help keep you cozy all winter long.
Stocking Stuffer Ideas and Gifts for $25.00 and Under!
1. Pick Punch - $25
2. Chalkboard Cheese Markers from Williams Sonoma - $19.95
3. Whiskey Stones - $18.99
3. Flavor Infuser Water Bottle - $15.00
4. Ticket Stub Diary - $12.00
5. Avocado Huggers - $7.95
6. Fairy Kit - $25.00
7. What I Love About You book - $10.00
8. Record Coasters - $18.00
9. Unicorn Horns - $20.00
10. Star Wars Family Decals - $14.99
11. The Great Grill Scraper - $9.95
12. Knock Knock Passive Aggressive Nifty Note - $7.06
13. Trick Exploding Golf Ball - $3.77
14. 14k Rose or Yellow Gold Filled Earrings - Hand Made - $35.00
15. F This Test - coffee table book - $9.95
"Better Late than Never"
As always, Rath Auto Resources and Meineke Car Care Center are official sponsors of the Barling Cruise Night. Here are a few images from the (long ago) night :)
1. Sign up for emails and rewards programs online for the stores you know you intend to shop. You will receive discounts and exclusive news that stores choose to release in their newsletters.
2. Avoid the main isles when shopping the stores. They tend to be more crowded and harder to navigate.
3. If you are shopping at Target, avoid wearing a red shirt unless you want customer to pin you down asking for assistance.
4. JC Penny and Kohls are among the stores that offer the best Black Friday deals. JC Penny is one of the best for deals on clothes. Kohls is one of the best for toys.
5. Office Depot and Office Max are the best stores that offer Black Friday deals for computers.
6. Macy's is one of the best stores for deals on small appliances.
7. Check out the stores before you shop so you know where everything is.
8. Shop with discounted gift cards from Raise.com
9. Most of the sales at large retail chain stores, can also be found online.
10. Drugstores like Walgreens have great stocking stuffer deals.
11. Use price comparison apps to avoid overpaying.
12. Download the ScreenPay app - it's a free Android app that pays you to get discounts and deals!
13. Shop early. Some Black Friday prices increase by the hour.
14. Here are some things to count on skipping because you can find better deals throughout the year that are actually not on Black Friday: bedding, plane tickets, treadmills, gift cards, name brand TV's, 2016 cameras, jewelry, holiday decorations, winter clothing,
15. Don't forget Cyber Monday is November 28, 2016. If you are like me, and you aren't into massive crowds of overly-eager extroverted people, you might prefer to spend the day shopping online instead!
2016 Chrysler Town & Country Touring
Visit 4515 Towson Avenue, Fort Smith, Arkansas 72916 to see this luxury minivan in person or give us a call at 479-646-8251.
4.0/5.0 Star Rating
2014 Porsche Boxster Base
Body Style: Convertible
Engine: Premium Unleaded H-6 2.7 L/165
Call 479-646-8251 to schedule a test drive on this 2016 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
- Regular unleaded
- Miles 27,175
- True Blue Pearl coat paint
We are incredibly proud to have received "Dealer of the Month" award! One of our managers, Michael Stahl, did a fantastic interview! We are so excited to share it with you all!
According to consumerreports.org , "For years, the RAV4 has consistently been among the top-ranked small SUVs. Freshened for 2016, the cabin is quieter; the ride is smoother; it has a suite of advanced safety features; and offers a frugal hybrid version. The energetic 2.5-liter four-cylinder and smooth six-speed automatic returned 24 mpg overall in our tests of an AWD version. The hybrid version gets a terrific 31 mpg overall. Handling is responsive and very secure. Inside, the controls are clear and intuitive. While the XLE comes with the automatic climate control and sunroof, you must step up to the Limited trim to get adjustable lumbar support and the more-comfortable faux-leather seats. Access is very easy, and the rear seat is roomy. For the 2017 model year, forward-collision warning and emergency auto braking are standard."